Right to counsel

Key_development Question_mark

Legislation, Abuse/Neglect/Dependency - Children

Tex. Fam. Code Ann. § 107.012 states, "In a suit filed by a governmental entity requesting termination of the parent-child relationship or to be named conservator of a child, the court shall appoint an attorney ad litem to represent the interests of the child immediately after the filing, but before the full adversary hearing, to ensure adequate representation of the child."

Appointment of Counsel: categorical Qualified: yes